Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time for Prayer

One of the hardest things to do in the world today is take time for prayer. We often find that we are always running late. We have a lot of little things that we are doing and prayer never seems to fit in.

This year, during this season of Lent, I am trying to find more time for prayer. While I am driving around the parish, (I average 30,000-40,000 miles/year) I'm turning the radio off more often to allow time for prayer. I'm waiting until later in the day to check out the news and spending more time first thing in the morning for prayer. There are many little things that we can do to add prayer time to our lives. Maybe even just getting up earlier in the morning to pray before showering.

Have a blessed Lent :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also need to spend more time in prayer as well. I need to do that the first thing in the mornings before doing anything else.