Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

As we begin a new year, I'm off on a new adventure of trying to follow through on hosting a blog. My plan is to share a little about what is going on in the parish and some of the other activities with which I am involved. These include being a chaplain in the Air Force Reserve, serving as an EMT on the local ambulance service and as a volunteer wildland firefighter with Garfield County in the summer. Of course, the ambulance and firefighting take place when I don't have Mass or other parish obligations.

Living as I do in a rural area, I don't have a lot of people constantly knocking at my door. Garfield county, which makes up most of the area of my parish, has a population density of .24 people per square mile. That's about 4 square miles to a person. If you take the town of Jordan out of the picture, the other people are even further apart. It creates some unique opportunities for ministry and also some challenges as one tries to be where they are needed when they are needed.

Pray for me and my endeavors as I strive to serve the Church in Eastern Montana.

1 comment:

AquinaSavio said...

Hello, Father! I'm glad that you have a blog now! :) Thanks so much for your contribution yesterday. I really appreciate, and I am keeping you in my prayers.

I wanted to email you to thank you, but my mail program crashed about a month ago and I lost your address. :(