Thursday, January 1, 2009

Football opportunity

The kid who does snow removal for me at my parish in Jordan recently passed this letter on to me. It sounds like a fun event.

I was recently selected as 1 of only 26 high school football players to represent the state of Montana in the 10th annual King Kamehameha Football classics. These games are held at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu Hawaii. This is the stadium that holds an annual BCS Bowl game and the NFL’s Pro Bowl game. I think that this is a chance of a lifetime and I am striving to raise money for this trip. Opening the letter was a complete shock to me and upon arrival of the nomination letter from elite sports I had only 10 days to join the team. The basic cost of this trip is $2495, but this does not cover meals or extras.

The team and I will be leaving on June 30 and getting back on July 7. It was stated in the nomination letter I received: “Some of the best high school football players in the country take part in this prestigious annual showcase, which has grown to be the largest event of its kind”. I am very excited to play with and against these athletes from across the nation in a stadium that holds 50,000 fans. I also am excited to fly and see Hawaii and the ocean. We will be staying on Waikiki beach at the Hilton Hawaiian village.

Raising money for this trip is the hardest thing about it. This is because all of the money has to be paid by April 1st and I am required to begin making monthly deposits now. The work availability now is lower than in the summer months where it is easier to find jobs. I also have a lot less time on my hands now with school and basketball. I am asking for your financial support as a “sponsor” of me for this trip. If you would like to have more information, you can call me or go check out the website at http://www.esifootball.com/king-kamehameha-classic/

If you would like to sponsor me for this trip you can get a hold of me or my parents by calling (406) 557-2341 or writing to me at: Box 56
Jordan Montana 59337

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT ON AND OFF THE FIELD. I AM VERY EXCITED TO REPRESENT MY TOWN AND MY STATE!!!!!!!

Richard Hageman

No comments: