Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Vocation Director


This past week I had a meeting with my bishop, the Most Reverend Michael Warfel. He asked me to assume the role of vocation director with responsibility for recruiting seminarians. I will be replacing him in this role. Our Vicar General will be responsible for the seminarians once they are accepted and sent to the seminary.

I am looking forward to this new responsibility. I ask for your prayers for myself, and also for my parish as we adjust to my new role. I'll be doing a lot more traveling and we'll have to rely more on substitute priests.

6 comments:

Randy said...

Congratulations on this important new responsibility!

Will you continue to be the state chaplain for the KofC?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Father! What a blessing you will be to our Church. I'm so pleased to learn that you have been chosen for this role.

Fr. Leo said...

I just realized I didn't answer the question about state chaplain for the KofC. Yes, I will stay on in the role as well for the time being. :)

LRThunder said...

Allow me to offer a belated congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Father Leo,I feel sure that you will be a true blessing in this new role.
Congratulations, and my prayers are with you!

(Zooey)

Fr. Leo said...

Thanks everyone for the words of congratulations :)